12.21.2005

 

Talapia with Rachel who doesn't eat fish or meat









We invited our friend Rachel over for dinner. I lived with Rachel for one year and she was the best. I knew that she didn't eat meat, but we'd been dying to make the talapia that was in our freezer. I know, its not cool to eat frozen fish (I had a terrible experience with some fur-wearing women who "knew fish, and this fish isn't fresh" at the restaurant), but to argue against their tude, our frozen talapia kicked a..

It was pan-sauted with a lemon, parsley/cilantro and garlic sauce that was blended and used again as a topping. A salad decorated the table like a center piece, with mixed greens, cucumbers, carrots, celery and walnuts, dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Are you wondering what Rachel had? French lentils with basmati rice served over a bed of greens, topped with lemon juice, olive oil and the parsley/cilantro sauce.

We began with a white wine which had a label looking like a Belgian beer, and finished off with a red wine that Rachel brought.

After our desert of tea and "feather" chocolate, Rowley freaked the Christmas tree.



posted by Michelle 4 days before Christmas.

Comments:
Is dinDin dead? That would be unfortunate as I have become increasingly interested in Rowley's nutritional patterns. Not to say that Michelle's are of no interest, but I have never met her in person. From what I can tell his tastes have matured drastically over the past 6-7 years. Talapia and solid bricks of chocolate were typically left off of the menu at Knollcrest.
 
nope DD is not dead, yet. we've been adjusting to busy life.

i teach at a college now, and i recently walked past their dining hall. it was easily one of the worst smelling places i can think of. knoll-hole came to mind.

who are you?
 
Rowley, this is Tim Postma, (if you don't remember me just disregard all of this) I didn't mean to freak you out. I'm not an online stalker, promise. I just happened across foldingchair one day and found my way here. I decided that this was a far less intimidating forum to contact you. You artsy people are too cultured on that site. Anyway, looks like life is treating you well, which is good. Perhaps I will follow up with an email soon. My email is currently not working.

By the way, concerning the last post, Tomato paste, or tomato concentrate, consists of tomatoes that have been cooked for several hours, strained and reduced to a thick, rich concentrate.
Tomato puree consists of tomatoes that have been cooked briefly and strained, resulting in a thick liquid.
Tomato sauce is a somewhat thinner tomato puree, and may include seasonings and other flavorings so that it is ready to be used in other dishes or as a base for other sauces.
 
TP,

Hey! Good to hear from you. Are you still in Chicago?
 
Hi:

I used to eat tilapia, however, if I were you, I'd skip it. It's worse for you than donuts, hamburgers, or bacon. You can visit my blog at http://www.newrinkles.com/index.php/archive/tilapia-something-fishy/ to learn more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?